Secure Coding Training Based on OWASP Top 10 – 2017
Focus on Developing Secure Software
Developers are an important line of defense against the most serious security risks. Risks that are exploited in major data breaches and also security incidents. However, many of today’s secure coding training courses for developers miss the mark. Why?
- Their aim is awareness, not secure coding
- These are created by non-developers who don’t understand what’s involved with developing secure software, or who don’t speak the programmers’ language
- They don’t have a lasting impact or change how developers approach their code
- They don’t focus on the role of developers in the security position of the organization
Secure Coding Training from Global Learning Systems
Secure Coding with the OWASP Top 10 2017 from GLS has changed the game when it comes to training for a secure development life cycle. Our course is different in these important ways.
- Provides six hours of training with the depth of a hackathon
- Incorporates best practices in adult learning
- Engages developers in hands-on problem solving
- Uses OWASP Top 10 and information security best practices as a foundation, but goes beyond OWASP to address other known risks
- Addresses emerging technologies, such as Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain
- Covers full stack development by being agnostic to development languages and platforms
- Offers continuing reinforcement after course completion
- Supports the OWASP training requirements for multiple standards and regulations
GLS’ secure coding training is an innovative approach that dives into the technical aspects of each of the OWASP Top 10 2017 risks. Unlike courses that take developers off-site for multiple days of training, GLS provides an online solution. This interactive, online program delivers six hours of intensive training without the time commitment of a full length hackathon.
To ensure deeper understanding, the training provides insight into the underlying reasons for the existence of each risk. It also provides techniques to prevent and mitigate the identified vulnerabilities. Woven throughout the training is the concept of establishing an “information security mindset”. Learners gain an understanding of the critical importance of developing secure software, and their impact on both application and organizational security.
This training supports compliance with NIST, ISO 27001, ISO 27034, ISO 27002, CIS, Sarbanes Oxley Section 404, PCI-DSS, HIPAA and GDPR.
Winner, Best Product from Cyber Defense Magazine for Secure Coding with the OWASP Top 10 – 2017 course
What is OWASP?
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is dedicated to keeping software secure and making the processes surrounding security transparent so that individuals and organizations can make informed decisions when it comes to secure coding. Individuals, policy makers, trade organizations, governmental entities, universities, and corporations of all sizes have come to rely on OWASP for setting these industry standards.