Business Ethics Best Practices Course Summary
In today’s competitive world, ethical behavior may at times seem secondary to more pressing business and personal goals. However, the impact of your employees' ethical choices can be just as significant as the impact of your business decisions. Just one poor choice could land your organization in a reputation-damaging scandal, expose valuable intellectual property to hackers, incur significant personal and organizational fines, or worse. In this web-based course, your employees will learn to recognize common business ethics issues and the associated best practices to avoid personal and organizational harm.
The length of this course is approximately 45 minutes.
This course is designed for a general audience and is relevant to all employees in your organization.
Upon completion of this course learners will:
- Maintain a respectful workplace
- Protect the resources and information of my company, clients and fellow employees
- Avoid conflicts of interest
- Manage organizational finances honestly and fairly
- Adhere to all laws and regulations governing the organization
Course Features and Format
Whether you are looking to build a new Business Ethics training program, strengthen an existing program, or you’re up against an audit, Global Learning Systems’ solutions scale to your unique requirements. Unique features include:
- Interactive course with built-in knowledge checks and final quiz.
- Incorporation of your logo and unique policies/ regulations
- One-button progress & completion reports
- Automated workflows for follow-up
- 24x7 Access with no hidden costs
- Robust Learning and Content Management
- Additional options, including: posters, newsletters, quick reference cards and localization
Related Course: For information on our suite of workplace anti-harassment courses, click here.
- Introduction to Business Ethics
- Why Do We Need Ethics Training?
- What is Business Ethics?
- What is a Code of Business Conduct?
- What Will You Learn?
- What are the Benefits of Ethics Training?
- Importance of a Decision Making Tool
- Considerations for Using a Decision Making Tool
- Explore the Decision-Making Tool
- Decision Making Tool Conclusions
The Respectful Workplace
- Scenario Introduction
- What are the Principles of a Respectful Workplace?
Protecting the Company: Resources, Information, and Privacy
- Is this an Ethical Decision?
- Your Responsibility
- Immediately Report Unprotected Resources
- Other Assets to Protect
- How to Protect Clients and Employees
Conflicts of Interest
- Is this an ethical dilemma?
- What is a Conflict of Interest?
- Guidelines for Engaging in Outside Activities
- Considerations for Engaging in Political Activities
- Is it okay to give gifts and entertain clients?
Financial Management and Disclosure
- Financial Management Scenario
- What is the ethical violation?
- How do I report financial information?
- What is fraud?
- What is money laundering?
Laws & Regulations
- Competitor Scenario
- What is a free and fair marketplace?
- Guidelines for Preventing Anti-trust Violations
- Information Disclosure Required for Publicly Traded Companies
- What is Insider Information?
- Examples of Insider Information
- Guidelines for Handling Insider Information
- What is the FCPA?