If this image doesn’t appear, read more for the Text Version.
This April Fool’s Day, even the brightest of the bunch will fall for pranks. Don’t become a victim of Cyber predators.
TOP 10 ways to become a security fool.
You have probably seen at least one of these methods before. Don’t fall for it!
- Clicking the link that says you just won $1,000,000. Come on, Really?
- Responding to your foreign “friend” who emails you saying you have an unclaimed inheritance
- Providing your social security number to the Sweepstakes you have just “won”
- Forwarding the picture of a two-headed horse (no one wants to see this anyway)
- Making your password for all your accounts QWERTY123 (or password, or monkey, etc.)
- Putting your home address, phone number, and every current location on your social profiles
- Giving credit card information online in order to receive a “free” gift in the mail
- Inserting an unknown device into your work or home computer
- Posting confidential business information on your social sites
- Leaving your work computer unattended, unlocked, and logged in
For more information on Security Awareness Training, including communication materials like newsletters and posters, please visit our Security page.