What is Ethical Training?
In the face of complex ethical dilemmas in the workplace, many organizations have turned to ethics training programs to ensure a baseline of understanding for employees. And while we’d all like to believe that we would know the right thing to do, business ethics situations don’t always have one right solution and could have multiple implications for the organization.
Ethics Training Program Outline
Ethical training from Global Learning Systems anticipates a variety of difficult situations and presents examples of ethical dilemmas in the workplace along with ways that employees can approach them.
At a high level, this course presents and reinforces these concepts:
- Maintaining a respectful workplace
- Protecting the resources and information of the company, clients and fellow employees
- Avoiding conflicts of interest
- Managing organizational finances honestly and fairly
- Adhering to all laws and regulations governing the organization
As this ethical training for employees progresses, it uses scenarios to play out different ethical challenges that include:
- Conflicts of interest,
- Financial reporting
- Fair competition practices
- Insider trading
- Giving and receiving gifts
- Engaging in political activities
Failing to understand these wide-ranging topics can have serious business and legal implications. Whether you are looking to build a new business ethics training program, strengthen an existing program, or you’re up against an audit, this course covers the most important topics and provides guidelines to prepare users to follow their organization’s Code of Business Conduct.
Duration: 45 minutes