In this web-based Privacy & Data Protection Essentials course, your users will learn the importance of privacy in the workplace, including the three common categories of protected information. They will also learn the five-step process for handling private information and variations in privacy laws in the United States and abroad.
The length of this course is approximately 35 minutes.
This course is designed for a general audience and is relevant to any professional who may view, process, or make decisions about how to handle private information.
Upon completion of this course learners will:
- Define privacy in the workplace and state the importance of privacy in the workplace.
- List some of the consequences of failing to keep information private.
- Explain the importance of developing a privacy framework.
- List the three general categories of protected information in the workplace.
- Define personal information/PII.
- List the key steps for handling private information.
- Describe specific responsibilities for each step.
- Be aware that there is no single, comprehensive federal law regulating the collection and use of personal data.
- Be aware that regions and countries outside the U.S .have their own laws and regulations related to privacy.
Course Features and Format
Whether you are looking to build a new Privacy training program, strengthen an existing program, or you’re up against an audit, Global Learning Systems’ solutions scale to your unique requirements. Unique features include:
- Interactive course with built-in knowledge checks and final quiz
- Incorporation of your logo and unique policies/ regulations
- One-button progress & completion reports
- Automated workflows for follow-up
- 24x7 Access with no hidden costs
- Robust Learning and Content Management
- Additional options, including: posters, newsletters, quick reference cards and localization
For more information on our fully hosted LMS click here.
If you are interested in providing PII training, you may be interested in social media compliance, anti-phishing training or general security awareness training. For a complete list of our compliance courses, click here.
Understanding the Importance of Privacy
- The nature of privacy
- Consequences of unauthorized disclosure
- How to think about privacy
- Information that may have privacy implications
- The importance of privacy
Identifying Private Information
- Customer Data
- Employee Data
- Corporate Data
- Examples of Intellectual Property
Protecting Private Information
Navigating Privacy Laws and Regulations
- US Laws and Regulations
- Canadian Laws and Regulations
- European Laws and Regulations